Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence integration with Sametime

epekou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CUCM v6.1.2 & CUP 6.0 that I want to integrate with Sametime v7.5.1. The integration I need to implement is click to call & presence functionality. I have successfully configured the click to call functionality, but I am having some issues with the presence integration. The error message I see in the sametime client is "Login failed". It seems like the presence server can not authenticate the user credentials.

It's not clear to me where users are provisioned at Presence server. I'm trying to authenticate using username/password configured in CUCM.

Is this correct or do I need to integrate with an LDAP server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

10 Replies 10

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

The best way to verify the username/password is to use CUPS user page -

http://ip-address-of-CUPS/ccmuser

You should use the same username/password for your plugin.

My blog:

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

My book:

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

Michael

Thanks for your reply Michael. I use the same username/password for both plugin & CUPS user page. I can login to the user page but not through sametime. Any idea why?

If that's the case, it could due to "Digest Credential" was not configured on CUCM > User Management > End User page.

You may bypass Digest Credential check by going to CUPS Admin > Cisco Unified Presence > Proxy Server > Incoming ACL. Create a 'all' ACL there.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have added the access lists as you suggested and now the user can login to the presence server. But still the client can not "see" the presence server.

In the "Cisco Unified Server (Presence)" section I see the following:

Server:

Port: 5060

Domain: nbg.gr

Any idea why the "server" field is empty?

Thanks,

Evi

1) On "Troubleshooting" tab,"Enable detailed logging"

2) Exit and re-launch Sametime

3) Go to "Troubelshoooting" tab. Create Problem report.

4) Attach problem report here. We'll take a look.

Michael

Michael,

I have attached the log file. Thanks a lot for your help.

Per the logs, ST plug-in received presence info. But it failed to map that presence into to ST user.

In Domino directory, the user ID part of the email, does it match the user ID on CUCM?

Yes, they match.

CUPS/CUCM's user IDs are case sensitive. do they match exactly with ST?

Ok, took a 2nd look at the logs. It looks like the initial configuration of your CUPS has not completed yet:

<79637>

You haven't configured the Proxy Domain for your CUPS server. Please go to CUPS Admin > System > Service Parameters > Cisco UP SIP Proxy

Best practices:

1) Always run troubleshooter on CUPS to rule out the "basic errors".

2) Always test with CUPC before you deploying ST plugin. Because ST plugin is just a "mini-CUPC"

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: