cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1.1.c problems

elliottreyes
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have as many problems as I do with these WAAS appliances. It seems as if I have a problem every week with these things.

24 Replies 24

steven-dunn
Level 1
Level 1

what is/are the problems ?

1. tfo accelerator overloads

2. dropping offline for no reason (Need to power cycle)

3. mapi accelerator issues with exchange 2007

4. cifs window shares disappear or problems with the accelerator restarting.

So far, I've found two issues:

1. Randomly sending email in Outlook 2003 users will get the below message. I have TAC case open for this.

---

This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x0004b9-0x000501].

---

2. Issue with using the Outlook viewmail plugin for the cisco phones. Outlook will freeze when the user hits the play button.

The odd thing is issue one only happens at site x and issue to happens at site y. Putting the specific flow in bypass seems to resolve the issue. I will let you know more once I resolve issue 1.

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick,

Are the above problem happened only after upgrading to 4.1.1c? If so, did you get a chance to open a TAC case to resolve it?

thanks

Nat

Nat:

The issues existed in 4.1.1a. Cisco recommended upgrading to 4.1.1c, but that did not fix the issue. I've sent in captures and sysreports to Cisco, but haven't pinpointed the issue yet. It is very random and sometimes resolves itself before I get to it.

1. TFO accelerator overloads may happen due to the fact that there are many more TCP connections are hitting the WAE than it is designed to handle. What type of WAE (or) NME you are using?

2. Is CM showing you that a specific WAE is in offline status (or) you are unable to console/telnet into that WAE? If CM is showing that a specific WAE is offline are able to console or telnet into it? Are you able to ping that WAE at the time of 'offline' status? Is it happening only after you upgraded the WAE to 4.1.1c? What version of CM are you running?

3. What is the issue you are running with MAPI accelerator with Exchange 2007? Do you have encryption ON or OFF for the exchange mail traffic?

4. Are you using CIFS AO that was introduced in 4.1.1 or the older WAFS ( which is based on tunnel over port 4050?)

Does it matter whether encryption is on or off ?

I know how to turn off encryption on the client is there a overall setting on the server as well.

You can turn off encryption via a GPO...

We ran into the issue of exchange clients opening hundreds of connections to their exchange server and keeping the connections open. At first we thought this was a WAAS problem, but upon further investigation we were able to determine that clients at both Accelerated and Non Accelerated sites were having the issue. We are in the process of investigating the following MS KB948496

we have similar problems to you,

Cisco TAC were online to our system for a good 4 hours the other day, and from the traces they think some of the problems are to do with WCCP, and have passed info higher up the Cisco support chain

Hi All

I have also many problem in the WAAS

it is running now on 4.1.1a

can you please advise if any had the same problems and how it was resolved??

REgards,

Georges,

I think most of those issues would be resolved in that latest version of code (4.1.1d). I would try loading that as between 4.1.1a and 4.1.1d, there are a lot of bug fixes dealing with the new App Optimizers, etc. which is part of what you are seeing in your alarms.

You can see the resolved caveats in each version in the release notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v411/release/notes/ws411rn.html

Dan

I can attest to 4.1.1d fixing most of our issues. I am waiting to see the feedback on the new 4.1.3 before upgrading to that code.

todd.martin
Level 1
Level 1

I did see some issues with certian applications and even filed a bug.

Go to 4.1.3 was a good move for us and resoled our bug and also resoved other things that we were not expecting.

Central manager reporting is improved too.

I upgraded to 4.1.3 last night after reading this thread. My core WAE does not show any entries in the Connections Summary table (monitor, connection statistics), the remote WAE shows connections, but no acceleration, no applied policy for connections. Bounced the core and no changes. Very frustrating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: