cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Application Dialing Rules

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I am setting up a Presence 6.0(4) with CM 6.1(2) install NANP and playing with Application Rules for presence outlook dialing for the first time. In this situation there is 10 digit local dialing with area codes 214, 469, and 972 so below is what I have come up with, have not tested yet.

3 Entries with Number begins with 972, 214, or 469

Number of Digits 10

Digits Removed 0

Prefix Pattern 9

3 Entries with Number begins with 1972, 1214, or 1469

Number of Digits 11

Digits Removed 1

Prefix Pattern 9

Entry Long Distance begins with 1

Number of Digits 11

Digits Removed 0

Prefix Pattern 9

Entry covers all else assuming long distance- Number Begins with <blank>

Number of Digits 10

Digits Removed 0

Prefix Pattern 91

1. Does this look correct overall in particular does a blank "Number Begins With" do a wildcard search and assuming order matters should match top down.

2. And most importantly this all makes sense to me in a single site deployment but from a design standpoint what about multi-site deployments. As far as I can tell these application rules are global not referencing partitions and/or calling search spaces. So if I had a second location in San Jose and they had an outlook contact with a 214 area code entry I would want to prepend a 91 instead of a 9.

Am I looking at this correctly and if so does anyone know if the new version of call manager is changing this behaviour?

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Configure Application Dialing Rules to suit your needs on CUCM which will then be synced with CUPC. Once you created the rules in CUCM, restart these services " Presence, Proxy & UP Sync" on CUPC and then run this SQL Query "sql select * from applicationdialrule" from the CLI on CUPC to make sure all Application Dial-Rules have been Synced.

Application Dial Rules Configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b03adial.html

I understand Application Rules in general and configured them with success in a site configuration, but the big question was whether or not application rules could be used on a more user specific way much like you can use calling search spaces and partitions in call manager.