Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

file license for new server with unity 5.x

I have unity 4.2 with server MCS7815 I1, I'm planing to get a new server with unity 5.x.

My doubt is about the license file to be upload in new server.

I want to be sure if I just need to ask a new license file with PAK for the current licences along with the MAC address for the new server.

am I right ?

Regards,

7 Replies 7

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Filiberto,

You'll want to make sure that you're licensed for an upgrade from 4.x to 5.x. And yes, you'll need the MAC re-hosted to the new server.

Brad

thanks Brand for your quick response.

It's not clear for me the first part of your answer.

Is not enough to ask to license@cisco.com the new file (using the current PAK that I used to ask the current license file)with the new mac of new serve?

there is something left I need to check?

regards,

I was just explaining your licence and what it ment.

This is one of the 4.x guides I could not find a 5.x guide but they are about the same for cisco pca

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/404/administration/guide/ex/sag0055.html#wp1049371

yes I would contact license@cisco.com

Randy

whoops wrong post

Hi -

You can send your current 4.x license files to licensing@cisco.com and tell them you need them rehosted to the new 5.x server MAC. But you still need an upgrade license to install 5.x on the server. This license file is applied for by going to Product Upgrade Tool and entering your Unity SAU/UCSS (major upgrade support) contract number. If you don't see this part listed in your PUT, I would contact your maintenance support vendor and work through them.

Ginger

hi Ginger,

Thank you so much for your explanation, in my case I'm planning to get the new server including unity 5.x

So I think is not necessary the upgrade of licence..or it is?

regards

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Filiberto,

Just to add a reference to the great info from Brad and Ginger (+5 each folks!)

You will still need to purchase a 4.x to 5.x Upgrade License even though you are using a new server. This upgrade license will be tied to the MAC of the new box when going through registration.

Changes to Licensing for Cisco Unity 5.x

Cisco Unity 5.x includes the following licensing changes:

•Upgrading to Cisco Unity 5.x requires that you purchase an upgrade license. The upgrade license activates Cisco Unity 4.x licensed features on a Cisco Unity 5.x system.

•Beginning with Cisco Unity 5.0, voice recognition is available as a licensed feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/white/paper/culicenses.html#wp38747

Obtain the license file(s) for the upgrade to Cisco Unity 5.x.

Obtaining Cisco Unity License Files

License files, which enable the features purchased by the customer, are required for installing Cisco Unity software, for some upgrades, and for adding or changing licensed features. You obtain the license files by completing registration information on Cisco.com.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge020.html#wp1266535

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: