Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 Licensing Question

rdianat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

When I check the licensing status in my Unity 5.0(1) I see:

Total number of subscribers (both voice messaging and unified messaging features): 570 used 570

Total number of subscribers allowed the Unity Inbox feature: 370 used 0

Total number of subscribers allowed the unified messaging feature: 570 used 0

Now I am out of licenses for subscribers and need to buy some additional licenses but I see I have not used any of feature licenses. My question is what are these "Unity inbox feature" and "unified messaging feature" licenses for? What feature If I start using will consume these licenses? I am using regular voice mail functions and never required to use any other features. Any link or explanation in simple language to help me understand this licensing question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

rdianat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

your license does not show any pca users, and all are vm only.

PCA has two parts only one is licensed. Cisco Unity Assistant is free, Cisco Unity Inbox is not. I bet no one on the system is using CUI.

Also go to COS\features page and make sure Unified Messaging is chosen. If not go into all COS's and choose it and save.

Randy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

The Unity Inbox feature is set in the COS of the subscriber and is a feature that Unity subscribers can access many of their settings over the web. It is CiscoPCA

Sorta like CCMuser in Call Manager

Unified Messaging is when your voicemail is sent to your inbox in exchange. (basically)

I would say that you have 570 subscriber, non use ciscopca and non are Unified but can be.

All your subscribers are probably voicemail only.

Randy

Thanks for your reply Randy,

We do have 5-6 users using CiscoPCA and all of our voice mail users are integrated with Exchange and using Exchange as the mail store. All users are also receiving their voice mails both through IP phone and windows outlook. So the question is why still I see no license is being used for "inbox feature" and "Unified Messaging"? Is there anything else to "Unified Messaging feaute"?

Thanks,

rdianat

Thanks,

your license does not show any pca users, and all are vm only.

PCA has two parts only one is licensed. Cisco Unity Assistant is free, Cisco Unity Inbox is not. I bet no one on the system is using CUI.

Also go to COS\features page and make sure Unified Messaging is chosen. If not go into all COS's and choose it and save.

Randy

Hey Randy,

Yes you are correct. I checked the unchecked boxes as you described and noticed that the license counters started counting. So as I understand it, "inbox feature" and "unified messaging" is when a user can delete/listen/modify his/her own messages via web GUI. Giving this permission to a COS counts toward licenses. Please let me know if you understand this differently.

Thanks for your help.

rdianat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: