Views
Helpful
Replies

Request for standard remote login window - UC 7.x tools

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeff and team -

When you have time ;-), would you consider standardizing the remote logon screens in the area of console name, fields, and initiation buttons? For example, the new Audio Text Manager window says 'Cisco Unity Connection Remote Login', which I really like ALOT. It asks for server name (or IP address from Help), and the user clicks OK to start. The User Data Dump says 'Connect to Remote Linux Server', asks for Server in addition to other fields, and the user clicks Open to start. The Remote Port Status Monitor says 'Remote server name or IP address' and the user clicks OK to start. I know this is really a nit at this point. I am working on my admin documentation for training and a common interface would be nice for all of the tools. However, I'm not complaining, I'd rather have the tools :-) By the way, I'm working with the new ATM and I really like the interface, the dependancy report looks awesome and valuable for me.

Sincerely, Ginger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Ginger.

Quick follow up here - posted 5 updated tools on www.CiscoUnityTools.com this morning that bring the remote login dialog up to speed a bit for some of the VS 6 based tools:

COBRAS Import For Connection 1.1.30

Connection User Data Dump (CUDD) 7.0.13

Connection Unity Data Link for Informix (CUDLI) 3.0.31

Connection Wallet Card Wizard 1.0.6

Connection Port Usage Analyzer 7.0.2

Dialog titles are all consistent and the buttons standardized on “OK”… hopefully that'll make your training efforts a bit easier.

These were minor changes so I didn't send out a blast to the notification mailer for them or update the RSS reader feed - they'll be noted the next time I do some major update (hopefully the post of the COBRAS export for Connection).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, those tools came from a few different directions over the last year - the ones done in VS 6 (i.e. like CUDD) need some love - the VS.NET 2008 apps (ATM, Public DL Builder) have some nicer login interfaces - the ATM is the direction I want to go with all the .NET items since it support proper threading (i.e. if the login is failing do to a botched pw or something you can terminate it properly with the cancel button instead of killing the app) - can't quite pull that off in VS 6 land. The ATM also keeps track of login names _and_ passwords using tripple DES security hash which is handy.

anyway - I have it on my to-do list to at least update the wording across all apps to be consistent - and all new .NET apps will drop in the login logic of ATM as we go forward.

Hi -

Thank you very much for the update!!

Ginger

Hey Ginger.

Quick follow up here - posted 5 updated tools on www.CiscoUnityTools.com this morning that bring the remote login dialog up to speed a bit for some of the VS 6 based tools:

COBRAS Import For Connection 1.1.30

Connection User Data Dump (CUDD) 7.0.13

Connection Unity Data Link for Informix (CUDLI) 3.0.31

Connection Wallet Card Wizard 1.0.6

Connection Port Usage Analyzer 7.0.2

Dialog titles are all consistent and the buttons standardized on “OK”… hopefully that'll make your training efforts a bit easier.

These were minor changes so I didn't send out a blast to the notification mailer for them or update the RSS reader feed - they'll be noted the next time I do some major update (hopefully the post of the COBRAS export for Connection).

Hi Jeff

Wow, you and your team rock! I hadn't finalized the admin doc yet, so this is very timely for me :-)

Thanks much, Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: