Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2K didn't collect config for devices

shareef800
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

where to look to check whether CW2k server has collected configs for all the devices?

What to do if we determine configs for some or all devices are missing... Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt. You will immediately see which devices have had their configs successfully archived, and which have failed.

If you have failures, then you will have to analyze why those specific devices are failing before resyncing them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt. You will immediately see which devices have had their configs successfully archived, and which have failed.

If you have failures, then you will have to analyze why those specific devices are failing before resyncing them.

Hi Joe,

How can I analyze why these devices are failing to archive configs? When I clicked on the failed device link it gave me decription ;eg

Failed to fetch config using RCP.connect timed out Verify RCP is enabled or not.

AND DIFFERENT MESSAGES FOR DIFFERENT DEVICES..

how to proceed?

First, check that the protocol order is correct under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings. Make sure the fetch protocols listed are valid for your devices. List the more commonly used protocols towards the top, and remove those protocols which should not be used at all.

For this error, it points to either a misconfiguration of RCP on the device, or a firewall blocking tcp/514 between the server and the device.