cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

To Increase Production Windows

darabafjoon
Level 1
Level 1

To increase production windows, we are thinking of having two servers A1 and A2. Where A1 is accessed by users through address A and ETL is accessing server A2 through B. Once ETL has finished, we wish to swap the addresses such that A points to A2 and B points to A1. What do we need? What are the cheapest Options? Best options? Thanks, Dara

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure I understand your requirements. Are the servers currently at 10mb, 100mb or gig? How have you verified that their is network congestion?

Thanks Collin for the reply. I do not have network congestion. I merely wish to increase my processing window and let the users access the production environment until ETL is done. Once ETL is done, I wish to make the instance that ETL has worked on to be the production environment that users will be pointing through a swap of server addresses, without users impacted and downtime.

Hmmm, the only way I can think off that might come close is to use EEM with HSRP and schedule a change, however there will be a moment of downtime. You could also try GSS with an ACE, but that's a lot of money. I don't know much about ETL, but could you create a separate layer 2 network just for ETL and the servers? Users will always point to "prod" IP's and the ETL would use the isolated network on the backend.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco