Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP and OSPF issue

Jesse Hottle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there anything that specifically needs to be stated in IOS to enable BGP and OSPF to run together? I have attached a simple net. diag. I can not get OSPF to establish a relationship between my core and dist. routers. Core is running BGP just fine and Dist. is running OSPF without issues.

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mixing BGP and OSPF on the same router shouldn't normally be an issue. Since your problem is OSPF between core and distribtion, carefully check OSPF configuration on both routers insuring intended interfaces are included within OSPF domain, OSPF attributes match, etc. When doing so wouldn't interrupt production network usage, you might also activate debug for OSPF and insure each router is seeing other's Hellos.

Hello,

I have tried all I can and it doesnt appear that the routers are seeing each others hello messages.

Could you post the complete configs for the two routers?

As Joseph pointed out, configs would help, but definately debuging hello messages should indicate the flaw and why they do not establish neighbor relationship.

post output of "debug ip ospf hello" from either from your Net_core, or Net_dist.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: