Colored pens on the CCIE Lab

Unanswered Question
Jan 12th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,

on my first CCIE lab attempt, the proctor did not allow me to use colored pens and gave me one pen only. Since I am a visual person, I would like to take at least 4 colored pens for the different routing protocols. Is it really forbidden to use several pens?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
compsolv Mon, 01/12/2009 - 16:20
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

The current policy at the RTP, USA location is to disallow you from bringing any "office supplies" to your desk. I guess candidates were getting carried away with it and the proctors were tired of checking all of the materials or something.

They will provide a cup of colored pencils.

I learned to be happy with and rely on my lucky mechanical pencil that I clipped to my shirt pocket.

Anthony Sequeira

www.internetworkexpert.com

jim_berlow Mon, 01/12/2009 - 16:51
User Badges:

I can confirm that San Jose will also not allow you to bring your own office supplies. However, I have always had colored pencils provided to me at both San Jose and Raleigh. You might ask the proctor if they have colored pencils that they can provide you.

angeliquephillipps Mon, 01/12/2009 - 16:54
User Badges:

Thanks for the answer. Good to know! But in São Paulo, they did not have colored pens!!! :-(

steve_steele Mon, 01/12/2009 - 23:47
User Badges:

I was told in Sydney that you could take your own pens in as long as you were prepared to leave them behind. Coloured pencils were provided however.

Actions

This Discussion