Views
Helpful
Replies

CME MOH Live-feed via FXO

pmcallion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any help appreciated on this, I'm trying to find a MOD-SC cable to attach a live-feed to a FXO port. (As specified in Cisco docs)

If the cable doesn't exist can anybody tell me details on how to connect an MP3 player to stream music via an FXO port. i.e. pinouts to RJ11

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It does not. There is no polarity in sounds signals (there is phase for stereo systems, but that's another issue).

Since audio files are stereo and have a much wider frequency response than telephone, the best way to send music to a telephone system is to convert audio files to mono, sample rate of 8KH, 8 bits per sample. You need good audio software to do that. You can then wire phone pins to either channel of the audio player.

As an appreciation to contributors, please rate posts using the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the connection would be via central pins on the RJ11. Note you can encounter bad quality due to mismatching impedance and frequency response, for this purpose is better to use an E&M interface.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you for your reply, does the polarity matter when connecting a 3.5MM audio jack to the RJ11?

It does not. There is no polarity in sounds signals (there is phase for stereo systems, but that's another issue).

Since audio files are stereo and have a much wider frequency response than telephone, the best way to send music to a telephone system is to convert audio files to mono, sample rate of 8KH, 8 bits per sample. You need good audio software to do that. You can then wire phone pins to either channel of the audio player.

As an appreciation to contributors, please rate posts using the scrollbox below!

Hi, there,

I will need to make a cable for 3.5mm to RJ45 which will connect to E&M port. But I am having hard time to resource such special cable. Do you know where I can find these type of cable?

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: