cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

857W Router Encryption

pparmarhccorp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 857W router with IOS Image Name: -advsecurityk9-mz.124-11.T2.bin and IOS version: 12.4(11)T2 and am using SDm Express Ver 2.4. This particular router only provides me with a combination of WEP 40/128 bit encription with/without TKIP. I want to know if I can get WPA if I upgrade my IOS or SDM. pLease help...

1 Reply 1

drienties
Level 1
Level 1

According to the Cisco Feature Navigator. 12.4(11)T2 Supports WPA encryption. As for SDM I am uncertain which version supports what features, 2.5 release notes speak of enhanced Wireless funtions but do not specify if this includes WPA. On the other hand I found documents from 2005 where they speak of WPA through SDM(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/cisco_router_and_security_device_manager/application/notes/SDM-WLAN.pdf) although they do not specify which version it is, it is far before 2.5 which dates from 2008.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: