- Red, 2250 points or more
I have few basic clarifications on these components.. i have a network, with LWAPP's and WLC on one site - say site A. lets consider only the guest SSID, access as of now.. The Anchor guest controller is positioned on a DMZ segment on Site B. Site A & B are connected through a routed network. I also have a NAC guest server, on Site C. Now, i want to integrate all these components. As per my knowledge following is the traffic flow:
1) When guest users access their SSID, they are mapped to the anchor controller in DMZ, throu mobililty groups.. the WLC then initiates a EoIP tunnel to DMZ controller.. Firewall rules allow,all reuired ports (IP 97, 16666 UDP etc), and end to end ip communication happens.
2) Upon the reuest, the Anchor controller provides an Ip address from DHCP configured locally. In this case, will the default gateway of the PC's be Anchor DMZ controller's WLAN IP or will it be local to Site A (say L3 switch) ?
3) Then when the user tries to access any site, he is given a web authentication portal, which is linked to the radius server/nac guest server. during authentication, dmz controller again tries speaking to the nac guest server in site c. hence the firewall has to alow for UDP 1812/1813 radius ports..
4) after authentication, the user browses internet. Now, what will be the ip packet flow in this instance. Will all traffic be first tunneled across LWAPP to the controller, and from there EoIP'ed to the Anchor ? Anchor then forwards it to the internet gateway, through DMZ ? as asked before, will the default gateway of the PC's be the WLAN IP of the anchor ? if there are too many users, will I create many WLAN SSID's for guests, for Site A ?
Sorry for the long post..
1. I think you should have physical port1 and mgmt interface for management purpose (tagged or untagged) and port2 and dynamic interface (I think of them as a VLAN interface on switch) for guest user.
2. As you said use two scope or external DHCP server for this scenario. "Load balancing" is possible.
3. Sorry I don't have any deployment with two NGS... but you can run two ngs in VMware server and test this (you can obtain 30 day free licens from Cisco site). Have you look here: