Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC-ACTIVE and STANDBY

sovannary.huy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Does anyone know, is there any way to manually switch over the IPCC Express server from running on ACTIVE to run on STANDBY?

The idea is, we don't want to run both server concurrently. We want to use IPCC-ACTIVE for 3 month (for example) then put it offline for maintenance purpose and make IPCC-STANDBY to run as an active for this service.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

iftikharsyed_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What type of maintainence you want to perform, IPCC servers configured in HA environment are automatically managed.

If you reome the active server the secondary server will automatically take place of primary. you can just shutdown primary server in off peak hour and secondary will take up all services within seconds.

HTH.

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Hi

You can also go to control center option and stop services on primary, which will activate secondary server services and you will see M next to service saying it is MASTER.

Hi mikram,

Which service should i stop on control center? (There are many service in control center)

I used to have a problem, that while running one of the service "Cisco Desktop License and Resource Manager Service" fail and the IPCC did not failover to STANDBY server. I don't know why it's failed. I think maybe it's run for too long. So we decided to manually switch only run one server at a time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: