cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Abbreviated dialing not working CME 7

david.wild
Level 1
Level 1

Hi in quest to workaround another problem. I have tried to get abbreviated dialing to work on 7941g phones. On button 2 i have a speed dial configured and then configure extra speed dials from the browser. Pressing 1+ AbbrDial works fine but not for any of the extra speed dials configured which don't have a physical button i.e 5+ AbbrDial it just times out. Am I missing something.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Two options to try are:

1) use speed dials instead, they work fine and they use the abbrvdial button

2) try your fast dial again by pressing the fastdial tag number then the first digit of

the number for that fastdial.

Thanks, I now have a TAC case open for this and the personal speed dials on EM.

This came back from TAC so far.

"For button appearance, Extension Mobility associates directory numbers then speed-dial numbers in the logout profile or user profile to phone buttons. The sequence in which directory numbers are associated is based on line type and ring behavior as follows: first normal, then silent ring, beep ring, feature ring, monitor ring, and overlay, followed by speed dials. If the profile contains more numbers than there are buttons on the physical phone to which the profile is downloaded, the remaining numbers in the profile are ignored."

So it seems for Extension mobility you can only have as many speed dials as buttons ???

Dave

Hi Dave,

Please can you advise if you've had any further feedback regarding your TAC case you logged for this problem. I have exactly the same problem with 7942 handsets on a customer site.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

-Gordon

Hi Gordon, My specific problems seem to be with Extension Mobility and that you cannot use more speed dials than you have buttons on the phone. TAC say

"For button appearance, Extension Mobility associates directory numbers then speed-dial numbers in the logout profile or user profile to phone buttons. The sequence in which directory numbers are associated is based on line type and ring behavior as follows: first normal, then silent ring, beep ring, feature ring, monitor ring, and overlay, followed by speed dials. If the profile contains more numbers than there are buttons on the physical phone to which the profile is downloaded, the remaining numbers in the profile are ignored".

I still have the outstanding case with personal speed dials on Extension Mobilty which i will chase tomorrow

Hope this helps

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response, my issue is also with Extension Mobility users that have 7942G handsets, so I'll be very interested to hear what TAC come back with.

Regards,

-Gordon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: