cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conversion from H323 to SIP (cue is SIP, service provider H323)

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a call manager express system and we talk with outside via our service provider. We send and receive calls with H323 protocol and g729r8 codec. If I route incoming calls to an extension there is no problem they can talk but when I route the incoming call to IVR (which is in the cue module) we cant hear IVR call is dropping. I think it is because of that we send calls to cue via sip and g711. How can we make a them talk with each other? I tried

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

supplementary-service h450.12

sip

these config but it didnt help. Any suggestions?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you need an IP toIP GW image, and configure transcoding for that. I'm not giving you here the full details, only the requirements to put you on track.

If you can have the provider switch to SIP and G.711 you would not need any of the above.

yes ok thank you I already solved the problem with the transcoders.

Thansks

To clarify on this post for any future readers -

This is not true. The 'allow connections' command is allowed and fully supported in CME exactly for this reason. They added these commands, and kept them in non IPIPGW images, exactly for CME.

The IPIPGW image is any image with _ivs, and is a separately licensed product. But, there is still support for these commands in a CME environment.

hth,

nick

In fact, as Nick hinted, there is limited support for IP to IP connections even on non IPIPGW images, mostly for CME cases.

For example, when trunking CMEs via H.323 and have SIP phones, that's an IP to IP connection yet it works.