cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ad Hoc conference disconnects with fasy busy tone

oqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange issue, running CUCM 6.1.2.1000-I3 everything works fine as far IPT is concerned. Call manager is integrated with h323 gateway which is 2821, when user tries to initiate conference he/she is able to press Conf button-->dial the second person-->but when he/she presses Conf again to complete Conference....Gateway gives fast busy tone and gives following error.

Cause i = 0x80AF

All the other calls through the same gateway for same destination or different ones works fine but conferencing fails, gateway is running flash:c2800nm-ipvoice-mz.124-22.T.bin.

Any pointer where to look at.

Regards

Omair

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sounds like codec issues, if using SW CFB make sure all streams are G711

just look at the code: 0xAF

Resource unavailable, unspecified. Whenever you see Cisco Unified Communications Manager initiate a disconnect with cause code 0xAF, 99% of the time the problem is related to a media setup failure. Check for codec capabilities mismatches, especially your regions configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have default G.711 in my region settings. Where else I can look up for it, how about voice gateway, also in voice gateway I dont have any profile configured to use specific codes.

Omair

you can also take a look at my Gwy configs, ccm looks fine..conference is registered..MTP is ok..Region is default G.711....

Please see attachment of gateway. Its quite a simple setup in fact have done this tones of times but dont get why it would give codec issue.

For the troubled users phones, I would call each end of the ad hoc conference he/shje tried to setup and look at the last call status on the phone to confirm that both legs would use G.711 individually.

brad-pajari
Level 1
Level 1

Has this issue been resolved? I am having same issue

I had changed my gateway protocol from H323 to MGCP and used another router and all was fixed.

Rather then wasting more time on troubleshooting I planned to go for MGCP with new router.

Regards

Omair

brad-pajari
Level 1
Level 1

I reloaded router last night and problem cleared up. Not sure if something got corrupted or not.

typically it's the MTP issue. Some cases you can simply reset the IP Voice Streaming services on the CUCM server. Or, the problem I had was that a customer had (2) sites, with regions, G.729 coming across from region to region. The problem was that neither phone had a transcoder available to it. Once a transcoder was added, all worked out fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: