cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - how to delete messages before 30 days

joel
Level 1
Level 1

I want to enable a policy, where Unity deletes messages older than 30 days. Is this possible, how do I do it.

Thanks,

:JoeL

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
8 Replies 8

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Joel,

Take a look at the Message Store Manager tool:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/MSM/MSMConsoleHelp_ENU.htm#_Toc110930111

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

thanks for reminding me Brad.

Sure, no problem :)

Hi Bmagnani,

I have an issue on Unity.

A user can't delete older messages, the system says on the prompt ''deleted'' but it appear again on the store.

I dont have the unity integrated with Exchange, but I use active directory for create users.

Please give a guide.

Thanks

Andres

Andres,

What version of Unity?

Unified or Voice Mail Only?

Not partnered with Exchange.. is it partnered with Domino? Your mail store is either Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino and from the sounds of it, if you're creating users in AD, then you're using Exchange most likely.

Is this happening with all users? just some?

Can you open up Outlook Web Access for an affected user and call in via the phone, delete a message out of their inbox, and refresh the Outlook Web Access page and watch it go to deleted items?

That should get you started.

Brad

Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1)

Voice Mail only

I am creating user on AD, then exchange

it is happening with all users.

Andres

I still recommend doing the OWA test. Also, is Exchange on-box with Unity or a separate server? Have you tried rebooting recently?

Brad

Thxs Brad, I restart the unity services and then it work again.

I rate you.

Andres

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: