cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN for 1000 users with throughput at around 1Gb

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

I am looking at setting SSL VPN for roughly 1000 users and need a throughput of 1Gbps.

It looks like the ASA 5540 will support my the number of users but the will lack on throughput. However, the ASA5580 will support both requirements but it is an overkill for the number of users.

Would an SSL compression module solve my problem if used with the ASA5540?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

I know this is a Cisco Forum, and I an a cisco certified tech as well as cisco shop, but we use the Juniper SA4000 for this.

It is an applianced based unit that we have a pair of and run in active active mode so we can replicate our policies between the two devices. it also allows more control of access and the type of access. You can run them in cluster mode between geographically diverse offices.

Very good box for just what you need.

thanks much for the suggestion. I can't seem to find any information on the device throughput.

I am looking for the doc, but I thuoght I remember 30Gig but I am looking for verification.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: