Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1(2) - 7961G and 7970 phones crash after user logs out

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are planning to roll out CUCM 6.1(2) in a few weeks. Im sorting out some final testing, and have noticed that our 7961G and 7970G IP phones crash every 4th-5th time i log a user out (using Extension Mobility).

I have tried to crash a 7960 in the same manner but i cannot.

The 7961G and 7970G just freeze with the Ext Mob details (ie phone number) of the user i have just logged out on them. I have to power the phone off to get it to be useable again :o(

7961G details:

Model number: CP-7961G

Load file: SCCP41.8-3-5S

Boot Load ID: 7961G_64-02070631Amd64megRel.bin

7970:

Model: CP-7970G

Load file: SCCP70.8-3-5S

Boot Load ID: 7970_6406118.bin

7960: (I cant get these to crash - they seem fine)

Model : CP-7960G

App Load ID: P00308000800

Bott Load: PC0303010200

We are using the Device Loads that came with CUCM 6.1(2) so i assume they are ok ?

Anyone got any ideas...? Im on the verge of raising a TAC case thru Cisco because this is most odd.

Could there be a dodgy Ext Mobility setting somewhere that i need to check? Ext Mob and TFTP are running ONLY on the Publisher at the moment.

Thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Andy,

Since its not a total failure, I would assume may be something else.

What happens after a EM login? Does the phone display a "Login Successful" message or some error? What do you see in the ccmadmin page

for that device?

Does it display the login button?

If it displays "Login Successful" the Phone gets proper config?

We are actually in IP Phone version 8.4.3 plese give it a try and let us know.

check CSCsq98235, CSCsm30998 CSCsv62641

We will need the EMapp, EMService, DB, CCM (sdi and sdl) logs, preferably at Detailed level, to debug this issue. Also IP Phone logs

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Andy,

Since its not a total failure, I would assume may be something else.

What happens after a EM login? Does the phone display a "Login Successful" message or some error? What do you see in the ccmadmin page

for that device?

Does it display the login button?

If it displays "Login Successful" the Phone gets proper config?

We are actually in IP Phone version 8.4.3 plese give it a try and let us know.

check CSCsq98235, CSCsm30998 CSCsv62641

We will need the EMapp, EMService, DB, CCM (sdi and sdl) logs, preferably at Detailed level, to debug this issue. Also IP Phone logs

Laymans question: where exactly do i retrieve the log files from? The CUCM 6.1 server runs Linux not the Windows OS that i have supported CallManager on in the past.

Is there a place in one of the GUI's that i can get the logs from ?

Thanks

Hello Andrew,

we did it some days ago for a service request you need to install the windows plugin named RTMT

go to

application > plugin

download windows RTMT (if your PC is windows) and install it. it is java based.

you need then to provide the ip address of one server of the cluster

a valid account

then you can do a remote browse.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thnaks all. I have updated thre phone firmware to 8-3-4 SCCP release. This seems to have resolved the reboot issues :o)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: