Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM: email

Sannie179
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have started playing around with Event manager applets and have run into something I don't understand.

I have created a small applet that sends an email when an ospf neighbour goes down.

I get the email fine, but the _$syslog_msg text is written in the subject line of the email instead of in the body.

Conf:

event manager applet ospf

event syslog pattern "Nbr 192.168.1.2 on FastEthernet0 from FULL to DOWN, Neighbor Down:"

action 1.0 mail server "x.x.x.x" to "myemail@myemail.com" from "Router@myemail.com" subject "SYSLOG" body "$_syslog_msg"

Router is a 1801 running IOS version 12.4(15)XY4.

Am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is my bug CSCsl53037. It's fixed in 12.4(15)T2.

Symptom:

Emails originating from Embedded Event Manager (EEM) applets do not have proper subject and body components. Instead, the body is appended to the end of the Subject: line, and the actual body of the message is empty.

Conditions:

This occurs when sending email from EEM applets.

Workaround:

Using an EEM TCL policy instead offers more flexibility when sending email. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6017/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00804d343f.html for more on writing EEM policies using TCL.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is my bug CSCsl53037. It's fixed in 12.4(15)T2.

Symptom:

Emails originating from Embedded Event Manager (EEM) applets do not have proper subject and body components. Instead, the body is appended to the end of the Subject: line, and the actual body of the message is empty.

Conditions:

This occurs when sending email from EEM applets.

Workaround:

Using an EEM TCL policy instead offers more flexibility when sending email. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6017/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00804d343f.html for more on writing EEM policies using TCL.