Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM: email

Sannie179
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have started playing around with Event manager applets and have run into something I don't understand.

I have created a small applet that sends an email when an ospf neighbour goes down.

I get the email fine, but the _$syslog_msg text is written in the subject line of the email instead of in the body.

Conf:

event manager applet ospf

event syslog pattern "Nbr 192.168.1.2 on FastEthernet0 from FULL to DOWN, Neighbor Down:"

action 1.0 mail server "x.x.x.x" to "myemail@myemail.com" from "Router@myemail.com" subject "SYSLOG" body "$_syslog_msg"

Router is a 1801 running IOS version 12.4(15)XY4.

Am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is my bug CSCsl53037. It's fixed in 12.4(15)T2.

Symptom:

Emails originating from Embedded Event Manager (EEM) applets do not have proper subject and body components. Instead, the body is appended to the end of the Subject: line, and the actual body of the message is empty.

Conditions:

This occurs when sending email from EEM applets.

Workaround:

Using an EEM TCL policy instead offers more flexibility when sending email. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6017/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00804d343f.html for more on writing EEM policies using TCL.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is my bug CSCsl53037. It's fixed in 12.4(15)T2.

Symptom:

Emails originating from Embedded Event Manager (EEM) applets do not have proper subject and body components. Instead, the body is appended to the end of the Subject: line, and the actual body of the message is empty.

Conditions:

This occurs when sending email from EEM applets.

Workaround:

Using an EEM TCL policy instead offers more flexibility when sending email. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6017/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00804d343f.html for more on writing EEM policies using TCL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: