BGP redistribute connected

Unanswered Question
Jan 13th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,

I am having an issue with a connect route being advertised to my bgp peers. I have a /30 that directly connects my core BGP router with my network distribution router.

If I add the "redistribute connected" command into BGP, the /30 route is added to the core router BGP table, and advertised to my bgp peers, however both bgp peers do not advertise anything less than a /24 to other ASN's, there for my /30 is not reachable. I tried adding the following "aggregate-address" command to advertise the full /24 prefix of the /30 connected route, but this does work either.

Does anyone know what I could be missing?

Thanks,

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jesse Hottle Tue, 01/13/2009 - 12:51
User Badges:

Also,

Appears this issue is directly related to using a route-map, with the IP prefixes I want to advertise. If I remove the ip-prefix-list, and manually specify each network, everything works as expected.

Giuseppe Larosa Tue, 01/13/2009 - 12:53
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello Jesse,

is that /30 part of your public address block ?

if it isn't your advertisement is not accepted whatever the prefix len is.

if it is your own address

try to use

network x.y.z.0 255.255.255.252

+

aggregate-address x.y.z.0 255.255.255.0

Edit:

I saw your second message you need to update the route-map and acls or other object invoked in the route-map to permit the aggregate.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Jesse Hottle Tue, 01/13/2009 - 13:02
User Badges:

Yes. That does work if I am not using a route-map for my advertisements to my upstream BGP peers. In my route-map, I reference a prefix-list of what to advertised. If I include the full /24 or not in the prefix-list the route is still not advertised.

Actions

This Discussion