Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Policies in a NAC box

fedecotofaja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can I use a single NAC appliance (or module on a router) and configure several different policies for different kind of users?

In other words... I need my NAC CAS 3310 to apply some policies to my local users, another policies to the VPN users, and another set of policies to the Wireless users... Is this possible in a single box or do I need a separate NAC hardware for each policy?

Thank you for your help!

1 Reply 1

drienties
Level 1
Level 1

The NAC Manager is where you configure all you're policies for all you're users. The Manager in turn controls all the NAC Servers within the network which enforce these policies.

Depending on you're choice of deployment(in-band/out-of-band/Virtual-Gateway/Real-IP) it is very likely that you are going to need more than 1 NAC Server to control all your network entry points effectivly.

Certain combinations are possible, you could for example control L2 LAN segments and Cisco Wireless Controllers with the same NAC server in L2 Out-of-Band Virtual Gateway mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: