Views
Helpful
Replies

CAR : Dictionary and Multi-Thread

stsivakkani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using CAR running version 4.1.4 I am wondering whether the attributes added to a dictionary under one thread (in our case its response dictionary) is available across other threads.

In our setup, we instruct CAR using TCL script to add some attributes into Response Dictonary while generating Access-Challenge packet. But we want to retrieve these attributes from Response dictionary whenever CAR sends out Access-Accept packet. Since we configured CAR to use multiple threads (setting the worker thread to 50) we are not sure whether the attributes stored from one thread is available for another thread. And the actual test shows that the values are not available too.

Please clarify the doubt. Also tell us if there is a way to share information across multiple threads and these threads could come and go at different time.

Thanks,

Salai.

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

You must write a script that looks at the username and chooses the Service to which to direct the request.

For example, you create four UserLists (North, South, East, and West), with the Service based on the origin of the user. When a user requests a Service, your script can strip off the origin in the request and use it to set the environment dictionary variables Authentication-Service and/or Authorization-Service to the name or names of the appropriate Service.

Hi,

Does the attributes set in the environment dictionary retain their values across multiple threads?

We have a script that store certain test values for some attributes into the environment dictionary and the thread exit. From another thread, we try to read the values from the environment dictionary but the value is different.

This is where we are wondering whether the dictionary values are shared across multiple thread. Or if there is another way to share data across multiple threads in CAR.

If you want, I can post you the test script that we are using.

Thanks.,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: