I have a client with a Cisco MCS7800 series hp dl 380 G3 server, Mirrored Array, (2) 36.4GB Ultra320SCSI 10K drives. Server 2000 SP3
(1) drive failed, replaced drive, raid will not rebuild as HP support says the remaining drive is also in pending smart failure.
I know this will necessitate a complete reinstall of the OS and Call Manager on the publisher, however, what I do not know is the proper procedure to follow for the rebuild.
They currently have the BARS utility backing up 3 days per week and I have verified backups are present.
I am assuming I have to follow this sequence:
1. Make sure backup is available and subsciber is online
2. Replace both drives in array
3. Configure Raid mirror
4. Reinstall Server 2000 SP4 and all updates
5. Reinstall Cisco Call manager 3.3
6. Restore from backup
Has anyone done this or can anyone point me to a step by step guide for this?
Any and all advice welcome and thanks in advance.