cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN issue

nathan.carroll
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I am having a problem getting a vpn to come up. Normally when i get this problem i just turn on all crypto debugging and any piece of logging information points me in the right direction to fixing the VPN. For some reason i am getting no logging information what so ever except the router logs just saying "create signature" every few minutes.

It is a cisco 1812 running iso 12.4. Strange thing is i am not seeing any logging information whatsoever from the peer router or the host router. I have tried different networks (even just a few test ones that would not conflict with out subnet) and have also tried to connecting to different cisco 1812s and a concentrator 3000. no logging info AT ALL. driving me crazy!

any ideas would be awesome. thanks.

4 Replies 4

muca
Level 3
Level 3

Have you enabled terminal monitor?

router#terminal monitor

Ok i have turned on terminal monitor. Should this give me extra logging?

last few lines of logging have showed

generate publick/private keypair

ISAKMP is OFF

No peer struct to ger peer dessciption

Does this extra information help ?

Nathan

The message that says:

ISAKMP is OFF

is an indicator that IPSec VPN is not working. Perhaps it would help us find the problem if you would post the config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

vpn is up, not routing but up

seems for some reason isakmp was actaully off!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card