Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Collector/Server running as RME Application on LMS server

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I would like to check if the Syslog Collector is running as RME application on LMS Server, do I have to configure peer server certificate setup? Since the Syslog Collector is running on the same server, using the same certificate. Please advise.

Regards

Yi Shyuan

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can get the SyslogCollector status from RME > Tools > Syslog > Collector Status. Nothing needs to be done to register the Collector on the local RME server. That will happen automatically.

Thanks.

But now my syslog.log seems only log till 9th of january and the subsequent day of logs are not saved. May I know why is it so?

I have checked the buffer size which is 4096 while the log file is currently only 1795. What else can I check too?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Yi Shyuan

If new messages are not being written to syslog.log, then either the crmlog service is shutdown, the messages are not making it to the server, the server is blocking the messages from UDP port 514, or the syslog.log file was deleted and recreated. In the last case, simply restarting the crmlog service will get messages to be written:

net stop crmlog

net start crmlog

For the other issues, you'll have to check the various points on the server and/or network.