cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

subscribe phone services

michaeljbyrne
Level 1
Level 1

How can I subscibe a phone service to all users? I tried it in BAT but dosen't seem to work.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can use BAT for that purpose but only when inserting them, not updating them

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

As it was said, BAT does not work for subscribing or unsubscribing services to the IP Phones when updating phones. The only way to do this with BAT is when you are inserting phones, meaning that you would need to delete a phone and readd it with the Template that has the IP Phone Service you want. However, there was a bug filled for this:

CSCea28827

Externally found enhancement defect: Resolved (R)

BAT to support subscribing users to PAB and Fast Dial Services

Symptom:

Cannot subscribe the users to IP Phone services like Personal Address Book

and Fast Dials through BAT. This applies to any IP Phone services.

Conditions:

The problem exists in all the BAT versions

Workaround:

None

After adding the Phones/Users through BAT, one has to manually go to each user page and subscribe the users/phones to these services,

enter the PIN, User ID manually.

The bug applies to CCM 4.X versions and it was fixed on 5.0

If you have a 4.X version you can export all the IP phones using 'Export all details' option then insert phones with 'All Details' option and adding the IP phone service you want.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

So I have to hit every phone manually? There has got to be another way.

I have done it manually also. evertime there is a new hire. =)

Randy

new hire I can understand. We just created a custom directory and need to push it out to about 175 users.

In UCM 7.0 I believe there is an Enterprise Subscription option that you can check when creating the service that will subscribe it to all phones one time.

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

If you are using CCM 4.x, you should be able to update all of the phones to assign up to 2 IP Services. The only thing you can't do is assign the user specific login information, if it is necessary.

(BAT -> Configure -> Phones -> Update Phones -> "your query" -> Check IP Services -> select service to assign)

Another option is, if the users have access to their phone user page, to have them self subscribe the service. This gets you out of having to touch all 175 phones, and if your communication to the users is clear enough, you won't end up with 175 support calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: