Regarding the RIP enhancements:
- split horizon
- route poisoning
- poison reverse
- triggered updates
1) Are they valid for both RIP-v1 and RIP-v2 ?
2) Can each be enabled/disabled on Cisco routers? Or only either all enabled or all disabled ?
3) In normal situations we'll see in action only 'split horizon'?
4) In faulty situations 'split horizon' will be replaced and superseded by 'poison reverse' ?
5) Without 'route poisoning' the sender part will not advertise AT ALL the subnet that is down (i.e will not advertise that subnet with metric 16) ?