cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1801 device repeatedly calling ISDN backup line

Rex Biesty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a Cisco 1801 at one of our remote sites that uses an ADSL line for it's primary connection and ISDN as backup. Despite no apparent problems with the ADSL line the ISDN is repeatedly dialling the internet every 2-3 mins during office hours and considerable expense to the customer.

Does anyone know why this might be and how we can stop it from happening now and in the future?

Thanks, Rex

3 Replies 3

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You should have 2 interface config.

One for dailer and the other for ADSL.

Have you applied the command backup on the ADSL interface configured on the 1801 ?

"backup interface dailer 1" use ? for help i dont rem the complete command

Hope this helps

Rex

I am not sure that you need the backup interface command to fix this issue. From your description I would believe that there is some trafic going to the ISDN interface which is qualified as "interesting traffic" by the dialer group and dialer list. If you would post the config we might be able to help identify the issue more precisely.

Another suggestion would be to run debug dialer on the router. This should help identify the source of the traffic that is bringing up the ISDN. If you find that traffic and make it not interesting then you will have solved the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

I am experiencing this issue - any workaround to this?

Kind regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card