Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring DMZ (PIX 515E) to access DNS on public interface

I'm installing PIX 515 on my network, I have three interfaces inside, outside and dmz. On DMZ I have servers with public IP Addresses which are suppose to be accessed over the internet as they are (i.e. no natting, even one to one). i'm currently using my ISP DNS servers, the thing is I cannot access these DNS servers from DMZ but i can do so from my inside network. What could be the problem, attached is my configuration. please assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

great!.Since you want This "On DMZ I have servers with public IP Addresses which are suppose to be accessed over the internet as they are (i.e. no natting, even one to one".I hope that is okay for you.

Please rate

HTH

DAK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Davy Ad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

first you will need to clear the xlater, then do this;

nat static (DMZ,outside)x.x.x.x d.d.d.d netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Assume the IP address for outside is = x.x.x.x and for DMZ = d.d.d.d

HTH

DAK

Thanks alot this gets me to the internet, does this mean I'll be accessible to the internet via d.d.d.d network?

great!.Since you want This "On DMZ I have servers with public IP Addresses which are suppose to be accessed over the internet as they are (i.e. no natting, even one to one".I hope that is okay for you.

Please rate

HTH

DAK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card