Views
Helpful
Replies

Fresh install of Secure ACS 4.1 on 2003, really slow

jack.leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We just did a fresh install of 2003 Server Standard with ACS 4.1 and it appears everytime we try to apply a change (add a user, add a network device, etc) it takes forever. Sometimes it just hangs and if we shut down the browser and bring up another session it warns us that an admin is already looking at whatever page we were on. Its not a disk space issue. The server is a quad core with plenty of memory. It has the latest java settings and is running SP2 for 2003 server. Anyway seen this issue before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What I am saying is that regardless of the fact that the server installed correctly and might handle some authentication OK it will fail from time to time, this is due to the fact that the platform you installed it in is not a supported platform by that version. If you ever open a TAC case which you might end doing, you will be asked to move from 4.1.1.23 to 4.1.4 just to support your setup

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Do you have any firewall installed on that system, that can cause acs to respond slow. Did you try with another browser ? Also add acs ip address as trusted IP in browser options.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

No firewall running, and I also tried adding it as a trusted site, too. The problem seems to only happen if I make updates to network configuration, user or group. Any other change seems to take hold quick.

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

You need to check if you have the supported setup, ACS 4.1.1 buil 23 will not run on Windows 2003 SP2, you need to get at least 4.1.4 build 13 to make it work ok, are we sure this is not the case?

Yes we are running 4.1.1 buil 23. Not saying you are wrong but can you clarify what you mean by "won't run" on 2003 SP2? The software installs, and our devices are authenticating fine on it. It's handling AAA okay and the only problem right now is that it takes forever to make updates.

There is something wrong with acs database for network configuration. I have seen this happening due to some syntax issue of ip address or due to long host names.

Did you upgrade it from 3.3 code ?

Regards,

~JG

No. Its a clean install of 4.1(1).

What I am saying is that regardless of the fact that the server installed correctly and might handle some authentication OK it will fail from time to time, this is due to the fact that the platform you installed it in is not a supported platform by that version. If you ever open a TAC case which you might end doing, you will be asked to move from 4.1.1.23 to 4.1.4 just to support your setup

We were given the install file for 4.2 by Cisco TAC and everything is ok now. Thanks everyone for your help.

sshareef
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar issue. We moved it from the system partition to other free partition and performance is excellent now.

Remember that you can re-install ACS preserving your settings.It doesn't harm. Mention a different path when prompted. Good luck and let us know.... :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: