CISCO Warranty Advice

Answered Question
Jan 14th, 2009

My apologies if this is completely off-topic, but I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction as I don't want to open a TAC unecassarily.

We have an SFP adaptor (GLC-ZK-SM) that was connecting to a CISCO 3825. The adaptor stopped working after a few months use.

I am having a completely terrible time getting the reseller to honour a warranty / RMA fix for the component.

From what I have found directly on CISCO's site, Optical Networking products offer a 5 year limited hardware warranty, so I really don't see what the problem is.

Do I need to try and open a TAC for this?

Thanks,

Mario

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by mlitka about 7 years 11 months ago

Mario -

You can try but typically in my experience the reseller would have needed to register the sale with Cisco for you to be able to open a TAC case and get an RMA put in. If your reseller is giving you a hard time, they may not have been authorized in the first place and probably didn't do this step.

Mike

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
mlitka Thu, 01/15/2009 - 12:56

Mario -

You can try but typically in my experience the reseller would have needed to register the sale with Cisco for you to be able to open a TAC case and get an RMA put in. If your reseller is giving you a hard time, they may not have been authorized in the first place and probably didn't do this step.

Mike

mariov652 Fri, 01/16/2009 - 06:19

I'll try and find out.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Cheers,

Actions

This Discussion