cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Warranty Advice

mariov652
Level 1
Level 1

My apologies if this is completely off-topic, but I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction as I don't want to open a TAC unecassarily.

We have an SFP adaptor (GLC-ZK-SM) that was connecting to a CISCO 3825. The adaptor stopped working after a few months use.

I am having a completely terrible time getting the reseller to honour a warranty / RMA fix for the component.

From what I have found directly on CISCO's site, Optical Networking products offer a 5 year limited hardware warranty, so I really don't see what the problem is.

Do I need to try and open a TAC for this?

Thanks,

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mlitka
Level 2
Level 2

Mario -

You can try but typically in my experience the reseller would have needed to register the sale with Cisco for you to be able to open a TAC case and get an RMA put in. If your reseller is giving you a hard time, they may not have been authorized in the first place and probably didn't do this step.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mlitka
Level 2
Level 2

Mario -

You can try but typically in my experience the reseller would have needed to register the sale with Cisco for you to be able to open a TAC case and get an RMA put in. If your reseller is giving you a hard time, they may not have been authorized in the first place and probably didn't do this step.

Mike

I'll try and find out.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card