Views
Helpful
Replies

configured router eigrp but does not appear in sh run

cisokidcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I configured router eigrp and associated configs on a 2821 with 12.4 ios but the eigrp config does not show in do show run | beg router eigrp or sh ip protocols. pls help

6 Replies 6

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does it show up in run without the filter? Can you do a sh ip route and see eigrp routes there? What about "sh ip eigrp neighbors" or "sh ip eigrp ?"

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi,

It does not show anything in sh ip protocols , then in show run or in show ip eigrp neighbors . But the router takes in the command and associated eigrp commands . Bit does not show in any of the output.

Can you post "sh ver"?

John

hi ,

really sorry .. dont have it currently ..was a 12.4 and 2811 series ... what i am suspecting is a bug in the ios .. Have you heard this sort of ios behaviour ?

Thanks

Actually I have. I have an 871W that allowed me to configure EIGRP, but it wouldn't show up. I realized that the feature set of the IOS that I had didn't support EIGRP, so I had to update it. You may want to look into that.

HTH,

John

It shouldn't happen on a 2800. I have never seen it happen. SOme specific EIGRP related commands may not show but not the entire routing protocol config, i.e., after "router eigrp XXX".

I have seen "log neighbor-changes" disappear before.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco