Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant reach UE pilot from AA :- "No mailbox" message instead of Login Prompt

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CM 5.1.3 system, that has pattern 7000 mapped to an H.323 trunk to a Unity Express system (pilot is 7000).

All of the following below WORK :-

When I dial 7000 from IP phones, I get the Unity Express Pilot -------> (As Expected)

When I forward an IP Phone to 7000 and call that extension, I get the ext's voicemail on UE -------> (As Expected)

If I set a Translation Pattern in CM to route a PSTN call to 7000, I get to the Pilot-------->(As Expected)

The issue I am facing, is that I have an AutoAttendent running on a CRS system.

(UCCX 5.0)

This AA can be used to dial all internal extension.

However, when I dial 7000, Unity Express says "Cannot find a mailbox for this user"

It seems that UE thinks that a transfer via the AA is like a CF No Ans, and thus tries to forward to a non existant mailbox (perhaps corrosponding to the cti port, but thats just a guess)

Has anyone come across this ?

I am not sure where I need to make config changes :- CM / UE or the AA.

A Trace of SIP messages on the UE system does not seem to show me much difference between a direct call to 7000 or a transfer via AA.

So any comments are appriciated.

5 Replies 5

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

What is the exact version of Unity express you're running?

Are you running service pack 4 on your exchange server(s)?

Its UE not unity, so there is no exchange server.

pemelend
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Perhaps it is because CRS AA is sending the 7000 as a redirect number, but 7000 is your voicemail pilot, hence it goes as a redirected call, CUE try to find a user with ext 7000 but can't find it.

What happens if from AA you dial to the same ip phone forwarded to 7000, does it go to the user's mailbox??

Txs

Pedro

Yes, the problem is in the way AA handles the redirect.

There is a flag in the script step for call redirect that has the option to "Clear CTI" or somthing like that.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080201e64.shtml

I am sure if I toggle that flag, it will work, but then the normal redirect to voicemail will break.

So I believe my optiosn are :

1. Alter the AA script to handle the redirect to the pilot uniquely.

2. Create another number for the pilot for AA users, and route it over another H.323 trunk to the same router using a different IP address. In this H.323 trunk, I do not forward the redirect number etc.

Thanks

Thanks for this discussion, it saved me a lot of time.

JH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: