cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS iBGP network default-originate

sct0321
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to assess the best options on implementing site redundancy to the " network default-originate " for all my MPLS sites Internet traffic. I'm trying to validate if I could have 2 CE's within the MPLS network using the default-originate and supply the best path.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Scott,

this is something possible.

you can implement a primary/backup strategy or you can have some VRF sites using CE1 as exit point to internet and other sites using CE2 as exit point to internet.

to implement a primary/backup you can increase the local preference on vpnv4 update out PE1 connected to CE1 (let's suppose it is primary).

otherwise IGP metric to PE1 or PE2 should decide what default route is installed on each VRF site. (point of view on SP IGP of PE node serving the VRF site)

Depending on the PE-CE routing protocol in use there can be other possibilities (like extended commnunity to carry EIGRP cost for example)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card