cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any safe way to make .wav files without using Unity

learner2008
Level 1
Level 1

I need at least 5 more .wav files from user in order to setup Call Handles. What is the easist and safiest way (safety to our system) for user to make recordings then send them to me?

I know I can copy the greeting from Unity to do so but I would like to find another way which is more convenient for users.

Thanks for help.

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jessica,

You could even avoid having the users send them to you by using the Media Master bar Options and have Unity call a particular subscriber's phone and let them talk into their phone and record it on the fly. That way you don't need to worry about managing wav files. Just an idea...

Brad

Yes, this is a very good idea. Thanks so much.

Is there any application users can use to make .wav files?

Thanks,

Jessica Wang

Unity doesn't have any tool that it offers. PCA allows users to manage their personal settings, but if you're talking about places within Unity that users don't have direct access to (ie Call Handlers), any recorded file saved as .wav should work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag260e.html

Paste from file

Paste a WAV file that you have stored on your computer into this recording. Note that when you do, the file is converted (if applicable) and saved on the Cisco Unity server in the G711 format-even when this is not the recording and storage codec specified for the Cisco Unity server.

(For consistent sound quality, the codec format of all greetings and recorded names should match the message recording and storage codec being used by Cisco Unity. You can view the codec format of greetings and recorded names by using the Codec Checker utility. You change the codec format for greetings and recorded names by using the Set WAV Format utility. Both utilities are available in the Cisco Unity Tools Depot.)

Brad

Brad, Thanks so much for your help.

Sure, anytime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: