cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call goes straight to VM. Phone doesn't ring.

corey.mckinney
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with 1 extension at my company. If you dial the main company number and then dial the extension, it goes straight to VM without ringing the phone. However, if you dial the extension directly from within the company, the phone rings fine. I've deleted it out of CM and re-entered it. Still same thing. Any ideas what could be causing this? All other extensions are working just fine, and this is an old extension. It was working just fine fine a couple days ago. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

go to Unity, open Saweb, browse subscribers, find it, open it, on left pane click transfer settings, choose ring subscriber from the 3 available choices

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

go to the subscriber, look at transfer settings and choose the option to ring the subscriber

HTH

java

HTH

java

Sorry, could you give me the steps to doing this? I'm just getting into the whole UC thing and I'm not too familiar with it yet. Thanks.

go to Unity, open Saweb, browse subscribers, find it, open it, on left pane click transfer settings, choose ring subscriber from the 3 available choices

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you so much!! Another question, can this setting be changed from the phone itself? I'm just trying to figure out how it was changed to begin with. Thanks again.

Sorry to the earlier poster who answered the main question.

It cannot be changed by the user unless they have GUI access to Unity. It was probably this way as a result of the user not being created with the correct template or without a template.

No, this extension has been working just fine until a couple days ago. This is not a new user.

drubery
Level 1
Level 1

What are the settings under call transfer in Unity for that extension?

It was set to "No" and I changed it to "Ring this extension". I just don't know how it got changed to "No" to begin with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: