Views
Helpful
Replies

Line busy Notification

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We are running call manager 5.1. Today at our corporate office we use 3 digit ext. and need to switch to 4 due to over lapping numbers with branch offices having 4 digits. One question that has been asked is we will know if someone is on their line if we go to 1 extention on a phone. Today each person has a 3 digit primary ext and a 4 digit secondary ext. If the primary 3 digit if busy it rolls to the secondary 4 digit number. This way if I call someone and they are on the line I can tell becuase it rolls to their second line. Is their notification that would tell me someone is already on their line if we switch to single ext's at each phone.

1 Reply 1

Hello William,

Im no expert, but I dont believe that there is a way to do as you describe, without using busy lamp field (BLF) shared lines or speed dials. However, if you would like to continue having the same functionality, you can make each phone have 2 lines with the same extension, but in 2 different partitions. Example:

ext 1234 is in Line 1_Partition

ext 1234 in Line 2_Partition

Make a new Calling Search Space called Line 1_CSS. Place Line 2_Partition in this CSS. Then, on DN configuration page, on call forward busy, forward to ext. 1234, and set the call forward calling search space to Line 1_CSS, and the call will roll over to line 2 if line 1 is busy. I hope that made some sense.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.