Views
Helpful
Replies

GRE Interface

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

How many interfaces Tunel (GRE) are supported in 2851?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andre

The number of interfaces supported (which includes GRE as well as physical interfaces) is dependent on the IDB (Interface Descriptor Block) limit. The IDB limit varies by plarform (and sometimes by IOS version). I do not have a 2851 to check. But as a point of comparison on an 1841 the IDB limit is 1200. I assume that the 2851 would be comparable.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andre

The number of interfaces supported (which includes GRE as well as physical interfaces) is dependent on the IDB (Interface Descriptor Block) limit. The IDB limit varies by plarform (and sometimes by IOS version). I do not have a 2851 to check. But as a point of comparison on an 1841 the IDB limit is 1200. I assume that the 2851 would be comparable.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks.

Andre

I am glad that my response was helpful in resolving your question. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that there was a response which did resolve the question.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card