cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console in CUCM 7 question

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I have a question concerning CUCM 7 and Attendant Console. I see where it does not ship with CUCM 7 anymore, but it says its supported if you upgrade from an earlier version. See here:

"The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console application is no longer bundled with Cisco Unified Communications Manager. It is, however, supported in this release for customers who have upgraded from a previous version."

Does this mean in a new install, you can not use Attendant Console? Or does it mean you have to download it separately and you CAN use it with a new install of CUCM 7?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

means exactly that, if you have a previous release of CUCM with AC configured and working, you get to use it on CUCM 7.X upgrades. if you choose a new install you'll need to choose from the new AC clients

due to some issues with the new AC clients the regular AC is still available for download, go to the SW center and follow this path on voice SW:

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.0 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Utilities > AC Plug-in

this situation is just temporary and once everything is fixed you'll no longer be able to download the AC client if not from CUCM server as in any previous version and only from upgrades

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Ok, it does sound like from what I think you just said that the Cisco AC client will still work, you just have to download the client separately. Plus, Im guessing it may not be supported by Cisco TAC on a new install, even though its still available?

until the new ACs are the only option the policy changed and you can use the AC client from CCO, the documentation itself has not changed as this (as i mentioned) is temporary, but you can get support on the AC.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you. I appreciate the info.

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi! Just to add something to this thread, if you are a registered partner or have access to this link:

http://ciscopartner.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/CiscoPartner.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php?p_sid=lLxytWnj&p_lva=&p_sp=&p_li=&p_next_page=std_adp.php&p_faqid=3927&p_created=&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=#_top

you can check Answer ID 8331 which gives more information about the CUCM 7.X and AC support.

Besides, this link includes several posted FAQs that can be used by Cisco partners as a knowledge base.

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I did find this below, a cut and paste:

"Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console Support in 7.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console" chapter in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide/online help erroneously states that Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1) does not support Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console with installations of Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1). In fact, Cisco does support Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1). "