High Availability on UCCX v5 - What scenrio does Standby takeover

Unanswered Question
Jan 14th, 2009

We have a High Availability UCCX v5 solution. Our customer recently had a complete failure of the solution and when he logged on to the Master he found that the NIC on the server was still up but the CRS services had stopped. I would presume that the Standby server should have kicked in but it didn't and service was restored by restarting the CRS Engine on the Master. He has subsequently tested the failover again by powering down the Master and the test worked successfully. I now have to figure out why the failover did not work and investigate what caused the services to stop in the first place. MY QUESTION IS specifically what would scenario's or service failure should cause the secondary server to become master other than a complete failure of all services (power down or NIC Down) of the Master server please? I have searched through the SRND documentation and all I can really find is that it takes 60 seconds to kick in, you lose calls being processed on the CTI Ports and the agents should be logged back in automatically upon the Standby Server taking over.

Many Thanks In Advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion