Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones firmware upgrade when upgrading to CCM 6.1.2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Netpros,

I have a question regarding firmware upgrade for phones which will be migrated from CCM 4.1 to CCM 6.1.2 . The phones are 7960 with the below loads

App Load ID P00307020400

Boot Load ID PC03A300

Version 7.2(4.0)

In the event that firmware upgrade is actually required. Would the firmware upgrade need to be performed before the CCM upgrade or would the new firmware install automatically to the phones as they register with the new CCM 6.1.2

As always your feedback is much appreciated !!!

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fernando,

When this upgrade is performed the Firmware for the 7940's/7960's will be upgraded as well as part of the process. What many people do to speed up the upgrade process is to find out what the Firmware will be on the 6.x build and upgrade the IP Phones ahead of time. Either way you win :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Appreciate your comments. I would prefer to schedule one down time only (when the CCM upgrade is going ahead) rather than doing it several times (as phone's firmware gets upgraded before hand and finally when CCM is upgraded). However I am concerned about a couple of remote locations if I decided to doing it on one hit . hmmm .. I need to sleep over it :-)

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: