cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder Switchport updates

billkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large customer who is planning a CER install with approximately 5000 IP phones. The customer maintains a database of switchport to location mappings through a separate application because they do several port moves, adds and changes a week. The issue is that, obviously when a switchport is re-patched to another location, it will need to be remapped to a different ERL. Is there any way to automate this process (perhaps by importing a list of switchport to ERL mappings on a nightly basis or something along those lines)? The customer would like to automate this as much as possible to avoid having his staff having to update this manually in CER every time a port is repatched.

Thanks for any advice.

2 Replies 2

wesleyj84
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having much the same problem. It seems that people at my work like to play musical offices almost daily. We tried modifying the database from the CLI. Not much luck, seeing as we don't really know what the tables are called, much less how they relate. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi.

there are way better solutions.

Try www.911enable.com. They have a hosted and a server based solution, that offers way more than Cisco.

Regards

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: