Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS - CiscoView error - Can't see Cat2960 chassis

HugoLaibacas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I am a litle bit new on this subject. A few days ago I started using CiscoWorks LMS. When using CiscoView function I can see almost every devices chassis, except C2960 switch. I got an error message, as folllows:

Cannot find applicable device package.

This error could be due to one of the following:

- The device package for this device type is not installed.

- Device support for this device type is not available.

- You are trying to open a component inside a device.

To correct the problem, either install a device package for the device type, or open the parent device to manage the component.

Can anyone tell me what's the most appropriate approach to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Hugo

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of LMS do you have? What is the sysObjectID of this 2960 switch (you can find that by using the SNMP Walk utility under Device Center > Tools)?

You could also try going to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and download the latest version of the CiscoView Cat2960 package.

Before anything else, thanks for your help :)

I'm not at work right now, but I think it is version 3.0.

I've already tried the device update, but I get a message saying that there are no devices updates available.

The thing is that Cat2960 switch doesn't even apperar on the CiscoView supported devices list. Is there a way to add it?

I can get information about this switch all over the LMS, except on CiscoView section.

The Cat2960 switches are support by the CiscoView Cat2960 device package (currently at version 5.0). The package is downloadable from Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi or through the Common Services Software Center.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco