cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create multiple IVR variable from single ICM variable

Brian Klimpke
Level 1
Level 1

Can I create multiple IVR variables from a single ICM variable?

What I am trying to do is pass a single ICM variable that contains a list of audio files separated by commas. After recieving the Enterprise data on the IVR, I would then like to create multiple variables from this list in order to create a "Random Prompt" using the Create Container Prompt. I am just at a loss on how to convert the comma separated variable (ICM) to multiple variables on the IVR.

Any suggestions??

2 Replies 2

You will have to write some java code to parse out the string based on the commas. Or you could use ICM's random function and pass a single prompt to the IVR.

david

voiceops
Level 1
Level 1

There's a couple of ways to do it:

What version of ICM are you running?

We're running ICM 6 with Queue Manager 3.5 and I pass multiple values in a single variable to QM via the Get ICM Data object and I then split it using the Token feature. In my case to do this my values have to be seperated by a | (pipe) but you can change it to be a comma.

Example:

Lets say I pass value "Blue|Green|Red" using peripheral variable 1. IN QM I tell it to Get ICM Data and that I'm using "Tokens" so Blue becomes Token 0, Green Token 1, and Red Token 2; then you assign a local variable to each of the tokens.