cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager & dial peer.

titomontos
Level 1
Level 1

If we want to make calls to PSTN,at route pattern we will at Gateway/Route list the ip address of the gateway that connected to PSTN, then at gateway we will make dial peer to transfer the call to port that connected to PSTN, Is this right procedure?

9 Replies 9

joel
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. If the gateway is H323 - the call control is on the Gateway and so you need Dial peers on the gateway.

If you are using MGCP - then you don't even need dial peers as - the call control is only on the ccm...you may need dial peers if you need SRST on MGCP

:JoeL

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, this is correct if you following mgco then call control is at call manager.

Make sure you design RP carefully.

Sorry virverma what is the meaning of RP?

Thanks all.

He was referring to the "Route Pattern" on CallManager, just to make sure that the call gets sent correctly from CCM to the Voice gateway, from there the gateway should route the call to a port as you correctly stated above by using dial peers.

thanks

Oh my mistake,

its route pattern

titomontos
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks mparra and thanks virverma,

Question to Mr.mparra you said that"from there the gateway should route the call to a port as you correctly stated above by using dial peers."

is this at H323 only or at MGCP also ?

Hello titomontos,

That is on H.323 only, with MGCP the call routing intelligence is handled by CCM, so in summary dial-peers are not needed to route calls with MGCP.

Please don't call me mparra I'm too young for that yet :)

Take care!

Sorry i don't know yours name:)

thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: