cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reply to voicemail from Cisco IP phone

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CUE 3.2.1 with CME 4.2. My users are complaining that they cannot reply to a voicemail from their phone.

Step by step what happens.

The press their mailbox button, it plays the message, then the cisco default prompter says if you want to replay message, delete, and then it says, do you want to reply to the message.

When then reply to the message, it tells them to leave a message. They leave a message, but it is sent to the original person's voicemail box and never sent to the person you want to reply too.

Can some one please assist.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

any input?

Hello shirwaziri1 ,

Could you please add the sh run of the CUE and CME and with the step by step explanation tell us exactly what numbers you dialed (meaning to who the user wanted to send a message).

Also, what does the user hears after they leave a message to the destination? "Your message has been sent" or a request to hang up?

Thanks in advanced

Thanks for following up on this. I will get you the details of what my client hears once they get back to me.

I have attached the CME and CUE show runs. I guess ultimately my question comes down to, what setting tells the voicemail who the sender is. Because, when they reply to a message they hear, your message has been sent to, and it gives the name of the original sender. Rather then to the person that has been replyed too.

Hope that makes sense. More to come. thanks for your help.